Palm Beach Workers Compensation Lawyers
According to national statistics from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are almost three million nonfatal work accidents that happen in this country each year. If you have suffered a work injury, one of the Palm Beach workers compensation lawyers from Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt can evaluate your case and see if you qualify for Florida workers’ compensation benefits.
What Are the Most Frequent Job Injuries?
When an employee sustains job-related injuries and qualifies for workers’ compensation, these benefits will cover any medical expenses that are incurred for treatment. These benefits will also cover a percentage of their wages while they are home recovering and unable to work.
Our Palm Beach workers compensation lawyers have successfully represented numerous injured workers in getting them the compensation benefits they were entitled to and realize there are some injuries that occur much more common than others. The following are the most common job-related injuries that workers sustain in this country:
- Repetitive stress injuries: There are many different industries where workers are required to do the same physical motions over and over again. For example, an office worker who does data entry on their computer all day or an assembly line worker in a manufacturing plant. Doing the same motion repeatedly on a daily basis can cause strains and sprains to take place. Unfortunately, these injuries often develop slowly over time without the worker even realizing it’s happening. It isn’t until the condition becomes very painful that the employee realizes they have an injury.
- Slip, trip, and fall injuries: There is a wide array of incidents that can cause slips, trips, and falls and the injuries that result. There are also many types of surfaces that increase the risk of sustaining one of these injuries, such as wet floors, loose carpets, and icy walkways. Injuries can range from minor to moderate to major, from sprained wrists to concussions to broken backs.
- Cuts and lacerations: Cuts and lacerations are very common job injuries. A deep cut may not seem like it would be a serious injury, but there are all kinds of medical issues that can result from a deep cut or laceration. Tendons and ligaments can be severed which can necessitate surgery or leave a permanent injury or the worker can end up developing a serious or even life-threatening infection from the cut.
- Equipment or object injuries: A worker can also sustain serious injuries from a piece of equipment or other object they use in the course of their work duty. Falling objects are one of the most common causes of these incidents.
- Vehicle accidents: Many jobs require the employee to be on the road and this can lead to serious vehicle accidents. Workers in this category include truck drivers, emergency responders, salespeople, and delivery drivers. If a worker is injured in a vehicle accident, they may be entitled to workers’ compensation even if they are determined to be the at-fault driver in the crash. One of our Palm Beach workers compensation lawyers can assist you in obtaining benefits, especially if your employer or their insurance company is disputing your claim.
Injured Workers Turn to Palm Beach Workers Compensation Lawyers
If you have been injured on the job, contact Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to meet with one of our Palm Beach workers compensation lawyers and find out how we can help. Call our office today.