Palm Beach Workers Comp Lawyers
Our Palm Beach workers’ comp lawyers want you to know that personal injury cases can greatly differ from a job-related accident. If you have been in a work-related injury, and are eligible for workers comp, it will be in your best interest to take advantage of the available benefits. There are many steps to take following a job-related accident. While you might not be able to pursue the claims process with your employer, you may be able to pursue a third-party claim. It’s essential to be aware that the process of workers’ compensation can sometimes be complicated, which is why you will want to make sure that you have our Palm Beach workers’ comp lawyers for support and guidance. At The Law Office of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt, we will work to keep your needs and interests at the forefront so that you obtain the benefits that you deserve and have assistance in navigating the challenges that might arise.
The Benefits of Workers’ Compensation
Workers’ compensation is a mutually beneficial program for both employees and their employers. When an employee has been injured while at work, they can access workers’ comp benefits that assist in covering medical expenses, rehabilitation, a percentage of your lost wages, and more. Our workers’ comp lawyers in Palm Beach can help to make sure that you can make the most of your benefits. When you accept workers’ comp benefits, you waive the right to take legal action against your employer. This can be advantageous in that your employer does not have to face financial ruin as a result of a work-related injury.
Steps to Take After a Job-Related Accident
There will be much to balance when an injury happens. Work-related accidents can leave an employee unsure of what to do, how to move forward, and who to turn to for help. There can be many complicated emotions to follow. Our Palm Beach workers’ comp lawyers know that you will likely be in an awkward position and probably worrying over how your employment could be impacted and whether your employee will see you differently. Here are some steps to take following a job-related accident:
- Notify Your Employer
- Seek Medical Care
- Make Sure an Accident Report is Completed
- Follow Your Doctor’s Orders
- Contact a Workers’ Comp Lawyer in Palm Beach Florida
Let us help you take action in managing your case and providing you with the proper guidance. Contact The Law Office of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to get started today.
While much of the time you might not be able to seek a lawsuit against your employer for workers’ compensation, our Palm Beach workers’ comp lawyers can support you. We will examine your case and determine whether you might be able to file a third-party claim against other responsible parties. If you have suffered damages, you may be able to take legal action. Depending upon your case, you may be able to file a third party for many reasons. Common types of third party claims include:
- Defective Products
- Car Accidents with a Negligent Party
- Negligence on the Part of a Co-Worker
Third-party claims can be complicated; you may not even realize that there was another negligent party at play. We can help by taking a look at your case and ensuring that you are not missing an opportunity to obtain the compensation you deserve.
The Law Office of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt is dedicated to helping clients when they are at their most vulnerable. To get started with your case, contact our Palm Beach workers’ comp lawyers!
Common Mistakes to Avoid With Workers Compensation
If this is your first time filing for workers compensation benefits, it’s important to take your time so that you don’t make mistakes. Here are some common mistakes people make with workers compensation:
- Failing to Submit a Workers’ Comp Claim on Time: In Florida, you have just 30 days from the date of your accident to file a workers compensation claim. If you try to submit your forms after that deadline has passed, you may not be eligible for compensation anymore.
- Exaggerating Your Symptoms to Your Doctor: A common mistake Palm Beach workers comp lawyers have seen workers make is exaggerating their symptoms. While it may be tempting to embellish your symptoms to get a higher settlement, it’s not worth it. Your doctor can find out that you’ve exaggerated your symptoms after running tests. If your employer’s insurance company finds out about this, your claim could get denied.
- Not Listening to Your Doctor’s Orders: After your doctor has evaluated your injuries, he or she will recommend the appropriate treatment. Whether your doctor suggests physical therapy or surgery, you should follow his or her orders. If you decide to skip appointments and not take your doctor’s advice, you’re not just putting your health at risk. You’re also giving your employer’s insurance company a reason to deny your claim.
- Not Being Careful About Posting on Social Media: Another common mistake Palm Beach workers comp lawyers see workers make is posting the wrong things on their social media pages. Your employer’s insurance company may be checking out your social media accounts, so you have to be especially cautious about what you post. For example, if you claim you broke your leg at work and post photos of you at an amusement park, the insurance company may argue that you aren’t as injured as you claim to be.
- Going Back to Work Too Soon: Even if your employer’s insurance company pressures you to come back to work early, you shouldn’t do it before you’re truly ready. Only go back to work after you get approval from your doctor. If you go back too early, you could reinjure yourself.
- Not Hiring a Lawyer: Although you don’t have to hire Palm Beach workers comp lawyers to handle your case, it’s highly recommended. He or she will help you fill out the forms correctly and submit them on time. Your lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company and protect your legal rights.