Construction Accident Attorney West Palm Beach
Were you walking somewhere when debris or machinery from a construction zone injured you? There are many instances in which a passerby can be seriously harmed by the carelessness or negligence of someone with a connection to a construction zone. A construction accident attorney from Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt is aware of how many people are injured in accidents, and they’re not always construction workers. If you were injured in this way, contact our office immediately. We offer a free consultation to anyone who sustained a serious injury in relation to a construction accident.
Statistics on Construction Accidents Involving Pedestrians
In 2015, pedestrians accounted for 5,376 deaths in the United States. Many more pedestrians were injured but not all injuries are officially reported. Construction workers have some of the most dangerous jobs in America. This is because of the number of objects that can fall from heights, the heavy machinery used, the numbers of vehicles moving in confined spaces without clear-cut traffic rules, and much more.
Serious and fatal injuries can be sustained by anyone in proximity to these activities. A sidewalk adjoining a construction site may have a protective canopy, but that does not guarantee pedestrian safety. Fencing and other protective measures may also be insufficient. If you sustained a serious injury from construction activity, contact us to speak with a construction accident attorney in West Palm Beach who can provide you with actionable guidance to make decisions about your future.
When a pedestrian is injured or killed in a construction accident, one or more parties might be liable for the victim’s damages. When you work with an experienced construction accident attorney at Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt, your case will be thoroughly researched and investigated. During this investigation, which party or parties should be held responsible for your injury should become clear. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, one or more of the following parties might be included in your claim, although this is not an exhaustive list by any means:
- Construction contractor.
- Construction worker or workers.
- Third-party company, such as a materials delivery truck driver.
- Defective product manufacturer such as a scaffolding manufacturer that failed and caused materials or debris to fall to the ground.
Common Examples of Construction Accidents That Involve Pedestrians
There are many tyes of construction incidents and accidents that have harmed pedestrians, some scenarios are more common than others. Note that regardless of how your accident occurred, it’s important to seek legal guidance from a skilled construction accident attorney. Here are some common examples of how pedestrians are injured in a construction zone accident:
- Falling objects. Most often, the object is a hammer, saw blade, or other tool but it can also be debris such as construction materials.
- Equipment failure. Whether it’s safety equipment, scaffolding, safety barriers, or something else, a single piece of equipment failure can cause an injury accident.
- Barricade failure. If fencing, roofing, signage, or other barricade methods fail to completely separate a pedestrian from the construction activities, they are at risk for serious injury. Consider that construction workers must wear protective hats, steel-toed boots, and other safety gear, pedestrians are virtually unprotected.
If you were injured in a construction zone accident, contact the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to speak with a knowledgeable construction accident attorney West Palm Beach clients trust to discuss your case.