A Construction Site Accident Lawyer Fort Pierce
Common Construction Accidents
- Falls: Falls are one of the leading causes of construction site injuries. Victims frequently fall from scaffolding equipment. This can be the result of faulty scaffolding construction. Other types of falls can occur when workers fall from cranes, elevator shafts, falls off of roofs, or fall because of holes in floors.
- Electrical: Electrical accidents can occur when OSHA standards are ignored or overlooked and the results can be fatal. Frequent causes of electrical accident injuries include electric shock, electrocutions, power line contact, and electric steam exposure.
- Welding: Welding injuries can occur from exposure to high temperatures, UV light, or from welding fumes.
- Trenches: One of the most dangerous – and often fatal – construction site accidents are trench collapses. Failure to take all required safety precautions can result in tons of dirt burying a victim, causing suffocation or internal injuries.
- Heavy equipment: The equipment and tools used on construction sites require critical adherence to guidelines and proper training and handling for use.
- Falling objects: Many workers are injured by objects – such as materials or tools – falling and hitting them. Injuries from falling objects can cause serious injuries, including permanent disabilities or even death.